Welcome back! The month of August was full of highs and lows. The weather was hot and sunny, but I had to go back to work within the first week is just one example of the tumultuous rollercoaster that we lived. Here's how we spent our time.
My sister, Michele, and I rented an amazing pool for 3 hours and enjoyed the hot tub and water slide. It was such a fun time in a gorgeous environment.
In a heartbreaking turn of events, we lost Grandpa Bruce this month after being in Hospice care for a few months. While grateful he is no longer in pain, it hasn't truly hit me what this loss will look like going forward.
Luckily Dylan and I got to see him a few days before he passed. Dylan was great about helping out with the yardwork and I know Grandpa loved catching up with him on a regular basis.
Teague and Dylan both have made multiple trips to Grandpa's house to help ready the property to sell and I very much appreciate all the work they've put in to help me.
Grandpa, you are missed already
I joined "the moms" for a fun night at Topgolf. Take a look at the winner of this game!!
Presley attended one last open gym to prepare for Volleyball tryouts later this month
To commemorate the beginning of a new school year, our school dean invited my building and security staff to his home for Pizza Night. It was so delicious.
To celebrate Presley's upcoming birthday, she chose to enjoy Wild Waves for one more time before they close down for good. It was such a fun time!
Happy 15th Birthday Presley Ann!
She and I baked and decorated her birthday cake together, per her request. I'm so happy to celebrate my sweet girl and am so proud of her!
Present time
After a birthday lunch at Cheesecake Factory, I wanted to take a photo of Presley with this backdrop. She is starting school the following day. The time (and summer) is just flying by.
Presley's 1st Day of Sophomore Year!
Isn't she beyond adorable?
Although we don't have anyone specific to watch at the football games this year, this Family Pass can help subsidize the cost of some football, basketball, and volleyball games this year, because.......
this girl made the JV Volleyball team!
They had tryouts and practice all week, including a Saturday Team Bonding Pancake Breakfast
I got an invite to see Tornsey open for 76th Street in a cute little theatre in Portland with 'the moms.' Although I wasn't familiar with the band, I'm always game for a Girls Night Out. The venue was great and the vocals were on point!
I had a chance to spend some time with one of my favorites. I met Angie for a nice nature walk and fabulous brunch. As always, we laughed a ton, caught up on each other's lives, and talked about our futures. It was the best way to spend a Saturday.
That wraps up the month of August. 'til next time.....

No comments:
Post a Comment